Infertility Organizations Providing Support
This web page lists local and national, non-profit, infertility organizations providing ongoing support for consumers and patients. IHR’s InfertilityProfessionals.com Web site has a Professional Infertility Organizations page with links to professional organizations, which often provide useful information for consumers and patients.
The Utah Infertility Resource Center provides groups, education, and specialized counseling beyond my area of expertise. Although I have some training in infertility counseling and do specialize in grief recovery around stillbirth, infant loss, and miscarriage, I typically refer folks with infertility struggles to the UIRC first.
- American Fertility Association – National non-profit organization which provides reproductive information, a national newsletter, support groups, advocacy support, and research support.
- American Pregnancy Association – National health organization committed to promoting reproductive and pregnancy wellness through research, education and community awareness; offers a toll-free education line, discussion forum, and interactive tools.
- C.O.T.S (Childlessness Overcome Through Surrogacy) – Surrogacy information
- Endometriosis Association – Non-profit, self-help organization dedicated to providing information and support, educating the public and medical community, and conducting/promoting research
- Growth House, Inc. – End of life support, including support with grief related to pregnancy and infant death
- Hannah’s Prayer – Christian infertility and pregnancy loss support network
- Infertility Network – registered Canadian charity providing information and support to those who have difficulty conceiving, or carrying a pregnancy to term, to help them make informed choices about their options
- Male Reproductive Health Alliance (MRHA) – This alliance is a national group of societies with the mission of promoting public health and public awareness of male reproductive issues.
- National Infertility Network Exchange (NINE) – a national not for profit organization for persons and couples with impaired fertility, and the professionals that serve them.
- Organization of Parents Through Surrogacy (OPTS) – mutual support and surrogate parenting information
- PCOSupport – The Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Association – Voluntary organization dedicated to promoting research and understanding of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- RESOLVE – Nonprofit organization that assists people to resolve their infertility by providing information and support. Includes a list of local chapters.
- SANDS – Support group for parents who experience miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death
- Society for Male Reproduction and Urology (SMRU) – contains information about male reproduction and urology physicians
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (SREI) – professional Web site, however, contains a search function for finding Reproductive Endocrinologists
- Society of Reproductive Surgeons (SRS) – contains information about reproductive surgeons
- Stepping Stones – a Christ centered ministry for couples facing fertility challenges or pregnancy loss
- Surrogate Mothers Online – Provides information, support, and friendship to surrogate mothers and potential surrogate mothers as well as parents and prospective parents via surrogacy.
- The American Surrogacy Center, Inc. (TASC) – Promotes the exchange of information on medical infertility treatments, surrogacy alternatives, current legal status, and practitioners.